Monday, February 23, 2009

God Is Good...

What a week (really I should say the last two!) it has been. After staying with Sarah for the last week, I returned home on Saturday. These last two weeks have been nothing but amazing as we celebrated the early arrival of Anna Claire. She is now in an open crib, receiving some bottling feedings, and hasn't really had any apnea spells in the last few days. When she was weighed the other night, she weighed in at 4 lbs. 9 oz. so, at this point she has surpassed her birth weight of 4 lbs. 7 oz. A coming home date hasn't been set yet as they are wanting her to be able to sit in her car seat for 30 minutes without any problems, continue to gain weight, and have her bottle feedings down. She really is doing great and we are all so proud of this tiny bundle of pure joy!

I have found myself this morning getting back into my routine here at home... packing lunches, getting the kids off to school, catching up on piles of laundry, and planning our meals for this week. It's been quite awhile since I have read any blogs and also writing some new posts. These last two weeks have brought many things to my mind that when I have some time will put into words. In particular, this past week was not only filled with continued good reports on Anna Claire, but our daughter, Jessica found out that she was accepted into YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and will be attending their DTS (Discipleship Training School) in Maui (yes, Maui!) and will be leaving on September 10th. As I would sit in the hospital with my sister, we talked of what an incredible moment this was for both of us. Here she is with this new baby daughter while I am in the place of preparing to send my daughter off. As I sit here right now, I am filled with thankfulness and praise for what God has done in our families life. He has answered our prayers, made it known that He is near, been our comfort and source of strength, and has made our joy complete. God is good.



17 comments:

  1. AnnaClaire is one of the most perfect little babies i have ever seen! God really has great plans for her life.
    I am praying for her still and the family.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you were with Sarah and family. This picture is priceless. Enjoy your day getting back into your routine at home. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful little angel! It is amazing the way our life journeys go, isn't it? Just as your sister welcomes this fresh piece of heaven, you are preparing to bid farewell to yours? What a privilege we have in mothering these amazing gifts. Continuing to pray for Anna Claire and rejoicing with you about Jessica's acceptance to YWAM! That's wonderful!

    Blessings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHRISTY,
    AS I SCROLL THROUGH THE PICTURES, IT IS JUST AMAZING HOW FAR SHE HAS COME. SHE IS JUST PRECIOUS. SHE LOOKS SO GOOD. I'M SO GLAD EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GOOD FOR HER.
    WE WILL KEEP PRAYING.
    TAMMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising Him for all He is doing in everyone's lives!!! YWAM is such a great opportunity for your daughter - so glad that was in God's plans for her.

    Praying for you as you get back to your "normal" routines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna Claire is just adorable. I have been following her progress. I know Sarah is ecstatic!!

    And so happy for Jessica. With her zeal for the Lord, she is going to do great things!

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news. Well wishes go out to these two beautiful (inside & out) mothers of great girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GIRL! I have missed you! I am so glad you got to spend so much time with Sarah and Anna Claire. I am praying for everything to move quickly so she can go home soon! I can't believe Jess is leaving and WHAT! Maui??? Can I sneak in her suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great update and lots of exciting things happening. She is the most precious little baby...she looks just perfect. Not that red-cheeked scratched up newborn look mine both had. :)
    Congrats to your daughter and I'm with Kimberly...I'll be in her suitcase if there's room for two more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna Claire is such a little blessing from God! Absolutely beautiful.

    Congratulations to your daughter! What an honor. I know you are so very proud.

    Best of luck this week as you get back into the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PRASING GOD FOR ALL HE IS DOING IN YOUR LIVES.WHAT A PRECIOUS LITTLE ANGEL.WE WILL ALL KEEP UP THE PRAYERS!WE HAVE AN AWSOM GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christy!
    I am so excited for Jessica! An answer to prayer!!! Maui - will you get to visit? LOL

    Anna Claire is so delightfully gorgeous!

    Glad you had good "sister" time! Yes, Sarah is welcoming her little one as you are letting your sweet girl start to spread those wings of independence... oh how life moves forward. But one thing doesn't change - you will always be mom and God is always in control!

    Love you,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am praising the Lord with you as I read how little Miss Anna Claire is progressing! She is simply perfect!
    What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter! Such an exciting season in her life! :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christy, what a sweet time for you and your sister. I'm so happy things are going well again. Anna Claire is just as precious as can be. Congratulations to Jessica (though I know it's a great opportunity for her I know you must feel a bit Mom~Like with emotions all over the board). I think we should do a Blog friends meet up with Jessica in Maui to help her get settled!!!! Enjoy this time back at home with your sweet family!!!! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna Claire is beautiful! A precious gift from God.

    Bless you and your daughter...YWM is a wonderful program!

    Blessings and joy,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful story of Anna Claire. I was so moved by your pictures, as my oldest son came into the world weighing on 4.15 lbs and he is now sweet 16. What a blessing for your family. Her picture is worth a thousand words!
    ~Misti

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great update!
    So happy for your family!
    She is a cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...