Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Jessica,


You have been working so hard this last week and I want you to know how proud I am of you.

I know that this research paper is about to do you in but keep persevering. Late nights of reading, writing, and watching documentaries will soon be over and you will be able to get back to the things you enjoy doing most. I know you don't want to hear me to tell you that this is making you a better person, that you are gaining so much by the work you are putting forth, that you are stretching yourself by learning something new- something that will one day be of benefit, and that you truly will have a sense of accomplishment when it is all said and done.

The end is near my sweet girl... keep pressing on!

11 comments:

  1. I love the picture! Sometimes it is hard for our children to grasp why a difficult task is really good for us...perseverance really does pay off in the end. Way to go! I know you are proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great mom to encourage her in these things...and it's ALL true. They don't understand how hard things can really be in the REAL world!! :)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet. what a sentiment. I almost got teared up thinking about my little baby being that told someday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of Jessica last week. I was visiting a dear friend of mine in Denver last week and a sweet friend of hers stopped in for one night after a conference she was in town for. She works with YWAM at the Kona base. I know you mentioned that Jessica is off to a DTS in Hawaii this fall, but I wasn't sure which base she was going to. If it's Kona, she should connect with Sara. She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful note to your Jessica! I remember the days when I was a cheerleader for my Jennifer as she knocked herself out to become an RN!

    Perseverance is the key and the reward!

    Bless you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture....such an encouraging mom!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an amazing mom Christy and are raising an amazing daughter.

    We are cheering Jessica on down here in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet photo of your darling girl. You are such a wonderful example of a loving, encouraging mother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...what a PRECIOUS photo of Jessica!!

    You TRULY are an amazing MOM!!!

    I'm praying for you as you head down the home stretch of your baby girl preparing for graduation!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so sweet! I love other moms like my own that are encouraging and uplifting! I am so blessed to be able to be the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not Jessica, but I am studying hard too and found your words affirming and uplifting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...