Monday, March 29, 2010

Chicken Marsala

How about a little recipe sharing to begin the week? 

Over the weekend I made Chicken Marsala for the first time. It was delicious, and quick and easy. A recipe right up my alley! 

Along with the Chicken Marsala, I made Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Caesar Salad with homemade croutons.




Chicken Marsala

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour
olive oil
8 oz. fresh, sliced mushrooms
2 T. butter
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
Optional: 2 T. heavy cream (which I did add)
Garnish with parsley

Directions:
Split each chicken breast through the middle to make 2 pieces. Place plastic wrap over them and pound each one flat using a meat tenderizer/mallet until they are about a quarter inch thick. (I didn't split the chicken. The pieces I had were pretty thin to begin with.) Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place some flour on a plate and dredge each piece of chicken.

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and when the oil is hot, fry each piece of chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Remove chicken and place them on a serving platter covering them with foil.

Reduce the heat to medium and add butter and mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add marsala wine, sherry, cream and chicken stock allowing the liquid to reduce slightly- approx. 3 minutes. Pour mushrooms and sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley.

Have a wonderful Monday!!!


7 comments:

  1. Christy~
    This sounds WONDERFUL!!! Hope you have a GREAT Easter week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks really good and not hard. Thanks for sharing. I needed a few good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy! love anything with cream, will be adding this one to my files. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... I am hungry now! That looks wonderful! I think we need to start a recipe day - at least once a month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious! It just might be showing up on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy, I just had to return to tell you that I made your chicken marsala recipe last night. Both my husband and I loved it! And I found it easy to prepare. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe along with the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...