Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Been Way Too Long...

Other things have been occupying my time and attention this last month so my words have been very few here on my blog. It's been a good month in many ways in spite of the busyness and mundane activities that so often occupy my days. Funny how everyday can be so much of the same, yet so different. I have truly been living the motto of "taking it one day at a time".

This week begins an even more crazy schedule for our family. One word can sum it up... baseball. I absolutely love this time of year because it means a whole lot of time with these guys...



As a family, we have always been very intentional about keeping our schedules and activities at a minimum.We are strong believers in not overcommitting ourselves or our children. It's so easy to get wrapped up in "good" things and lose sight of really what is the "best".  I hope that my children are seeing from our example and decisions of what living a peace-filled and restful life is like. And one that lends itself to being ready when God calls us to serve.



The Lord is stirring some things up in my heart right now too, where again, I am taking it one day at a time. There has been a restlessness in my spirit that I can't quite come to understand yet. I just keep doing what I know to do which is to seek Him and trust Him.

I am so thankful for so much today. For the time spent with family yesterday, conversations with friends, opportunities to be a friend, for the three children that call me "Mom", a husband that I fall in love with more and more everyday, and for a Savior that loves me.

2 comments:

  1. Your post spoke straight to my heart. We are striving for the same thing with our children... keeping a balance... I want my children to be comfortable with peacefulness, not going all the time, to have time for imagination etc.
    Beautiful pictures of your family,
    wishing you the very best,
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family pictures my friend! :-)

    It seems like "God's stirring' is a theme...in many of our <3.

    Love ya friend...and I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...