Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Wishing all of you a wonderful and relaxing weekend. 

Just sharing again part of the post that I wrote last year for Father's Day because it's exactly what I would say all over again. I hope that the fathers in my life know that you are very much loved and I am blessed to have you in my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without your love, support and encouragement. 

Happy Father's Day to the men in my life ... 




Happy Father's Day to you, Dad. The first man I loved. My Dad is wise, full of compassion, and has a laugh that makes you laugh until your cheeks hurt. My Dad is a pillar of strength to our family. I saw firsthand that a strong man is one that cries and isn't afraid to share his emotions. 

When I was little, he would carry me on his shoulders so that I could see the world. As I grew up, he walked beside me and encouraged me to always do my best and remember who I was. He was always the first one to meet me at the finish line.

He taught me how to sail a boat and tie knots. He encouraged me to run fast and run hard. Because of him, I learned to appreciate classical music and find the beat in every song. 

My Dad knew when to let go but still hold on tight. He provided for his family and there was never any doubt of how much he loved us. He gives me security, unconditional love, and unending grace. My Dad loves his daughters so very well and even as adult women, we know that we are the joy of his life. 

This man has a heart of gold. He knows life without Jesus and with Him. Through my Dad, I know a whole lot of what Jesus is like.


Happy Father's Day to my brother-in-law, Mike.


Mike is a handyman, a Cubs fan, believes in the simple things, and works hard.

He can make the most amazing brisket and tells the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Mike came into our family and immediately fit in. It was like he had been there all along.  I appreciate that Mike understands the phone calls to my sister and doesn't mind that we can be on the phone for hours.

More than anything, this guy loves Jesus, my sister, and his girls.



I am so very blessed to have a father-in-law that has passed on a legacy of faith to our children.  His life is an example of working hard, trusting God, and being a spiritual leader.

He loves to fish, University of Kentucky basketball, and Cracker Barrel.

My father-in-law has passed down stories and songs that our children love.

He is loyal, consistent, generous and will always encourage you to take the high road. He is a man of great integrity and character.

My father-in-law reaches out to the lost and hurting and he has witnessed and been the part of many lives being redeemed.

He and my mother-in-law have raised a son that I am blessed to be married to.




I also want to wish my brother-in-laws, Tom and Charlie a very Happy Father's Day. Distance and schedules often prevent us from being together, but your presence and influence is felt not only with me, but also in the lives of our children. You are both are examples of strong men who are leading and guiding your families with so much love and grace.



And finally, Happy Father's Day to my husband, Steve.


He is my life companion. Steve challenges me and encourages me to live a life that matters. If there is one thing that I have learned and witnessed more than anything else from Steve, it is grace. He has walked with me through personal trials and never stopped believing in me. We couldn't be more opposite if we tried and I continue to be amazed at how God uses those differences to bring us together and make us one.

Steve has made many sacrifices along the way, but family always, always comes first for him. I know that and our children know that. 

He is a man of great integrity and strength. 

He doesn't preach his faith, he lives it. 

Steve is an encourager and knows how to speak truth boldly but gently and he will never give up on you. He is a man that has a deep and solid relationship with Jesus and this determines everything he does. 

I am so very blessed to be raising our three amazing children with this man. His teaching, guidance, discipline, support are all backed up by one thing... love. 

Happy Father's day to all of you. Each of you have had a special and significant part in my life and I couldn't be more thankful. I love you so very much.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Christy--thanks for including Mike in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Girls,

    Christy - I love you the most because you were first.

    Sarah - I love you the most because you were second.

    Without each of you I would not be who I am today. You have taugh me how to love, how to forgive, how to give grace and how to live life. God gave each of you to us for a specific reason and at a specific time - when we needed you most! Just like my surrender to Jesus - when I needed Him most.

    And when you both met and married the men God brought to you, you blessed us with the most wonderful sons-in-law that any man could wish for. Your men love you as Christ loves you and I can say with full assurance, "Well done"!

    You both have unbelieveable gifts from the Lord in your children. They are all so different yet share the same love for our Lord that you do. We love them!

    I could not ask or wish for more. There's a line from a movie that rings so true in my heart for each of you; "Christy, you complete me". "Sarah, you complete me".

    Girls, I love you both with every ounce of my being.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your daddy is making me cry! What awesome words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have a godly father who loves you. I'm finding that is so rare as I speak with other women. My dad loves me and loves Jesus so I'm also fortunate.

    I love the photos of the men in your life. So glad Steve loves you and the Lord.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post really touched my heart. What wonderful men God has placed in your life! Your tribute is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a loving tribute to the wonderful men in your
    life! your gratitude is touching and well deserved.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heart warming! Love this Christy! Great to catch up on y'all again - Congratulations on Molly!! I have to go tell Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...