Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rag Wreath

I've been wanting to make a rag wreath for a short time now and with still having a lot of fabric left over from my drop cloth drapes, I decided to use it up.

All I did for this wreath (once again I forgot to take step-by-step pictures!) was use a wire framed wreath I purchased at Jo'Ann's for around $3, cut strips of fabric (I used drop cloths, muslin and burlap) into strips of about 2 inches wide and 14" inches in length. You can certainly make them as long or short as you want them though. I know someone might ask how much fabric I did use and guess what... I don't know! I bought 2 yards of the muslin and the rest I had on hand. 

Once I had the strips of fabric cut, I simply tied them to the wire frame. I tied the fabric pretty closely together because I wanted the wreath to be full in the end. I love the color, texture and the simplicity of it. 


To hang it from our door, I used a piece of rope/trim ( forgive me for not knowing the exact name of it!) that I found at Jo'Ann's in the aisle with all the ribbon, trim and fringe.


Not only does the wreath look great on the front door but I think it would definitely add a special touch hanging on a mirror or window frame. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous over your wreath!!! LOVE IT and now want to make one ASAP
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, this is precious! What a great idea! I have alot of drop cloth left over from a project. So glad you shared, so now I can use it. Just wonder how I could add a little Christmas touch to it?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...