Friday, January 28, 2011

Cookie Jar

I am always a little cautious when it comes to trying new cookie recipes because I have this thing about knowing in advance that they are going to be good. And how do I define good? It would most certainly have to be soft, chewy and one that I hear things like, "these are so good!" Pretty much every cookie that I make time and time again is because I know they are a tried and true recipe. 

It was late last night, I was tired, but I was also wanting to do a little baking. Our daughter, Jessica was on her way home from work with the news some friends were coming over, so I also thought I would surprise her with something sweet. One way to that girl's heart is cookies!  

And I think I was feeling somewhat brave last night, a little adventurous in wanting to break out from the norm.  I am a chocolate chip cookie kind of girl, and chocolate chocolate chip is even better.  You might think that I am taking this whole cookie thing too seriously, but hey, when it comes to cookies, this is serious business. 

Because I had the ingredients for another cookie I was going to try, but got a big thumbs down on them when my sister made them, I began looking up recipes and found that I had everything I needed for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. This was the very first time I have made them, and probably only the second time I've ever even eaten this kind of cookie. Remember, I always go for the chocolate.

I am happy to report that these cookies were a winner and met all my requirements for a good cookie!




They were so good, that my husband is sitting here having them with his coffee for breakfast and I am trying really, really hard to keep my hand out of the cookie jar!


4 comments:

  1. YOu have me hankering for a cookie now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good cookie recipe. I love that picture too...so welcoming :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look amazing.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, the photo is amazing and I can't wait to try the recipe. How sweet that you and your sweet girl got to enjoy these. Though, like your husband, I would be enjoying them with coffee. :-) If you would, please remember to include the link back to Saturday Swap in your post. Thx a bunch Friend! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for linking this recipe. I can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...