Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Psalm 50:23

The satin ribbon marks the reading for today in Jesus Calling. I open it, begin reading and like usual, it doesn't take long for the words to speak something personally to my heart.

"When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it. Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying," Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust you more."



What does this mean for me?

I continue to lay it all before Him. There is nothing that is off limits, nothing that catches Him by surprise, and when it comes down to it, He longs to hear everything I hold inside. 

I am to thank Him even when it's hard. I am learning so much about thanksgiving after reading "One Thousand Gifts". One thing I keep reading, and taking in is that the fullness of my salvation is based on my expression of giving thanks. It's easy and just a given that I can express and offer my thanksgiving when all is good, but can I do it when it's something I haven't planned for, anticipated, or hurts?

"Thanksgiving is the acceptance of whatever He gives. Thanksgiving is the manifestation of our YES! to His grace." - Ann Voskamp 


I've noticed a little shifting in my prayers recently and not just thanking Him after a prayer has been answered, but thanking Him in advance for how He is going to work.

Two words that are so very common, simple, and used all the time, are more significant to me than ever before.

Jesus, thank you.

I also know that He is good and I can completely trust His character. He has proven that to me time and time again. As I continue to walk with Him, I want to have more and more of stories that display His goodness, provision, and power in my life.

So, for this week's Scripture memorization, my verse is Psalm 50:23...

"The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!"




4 comments:

  1. Christy,

    I love the beautiful, peaceful look you have over here. It's been a while since I've been here; I hope you are well!

    And thank you for the reminder to say thank you... I have really been trying to stop planning so much and DOING so much and instead, just stop, be thankful, and follow Him.

    Hugs to you!
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting. The Jesus Calling devotion was quite timely for me on Tuesday. Your thoughts are as well.

    Rick
    Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my sweet sister!
    I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I am praying for you!! I can't wait to see you!!
    Love you,
    Elisabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy,
    I've been out of the blog loop for a while. I always do enjoy stopping by your blog, I love the honest, fresh way you write(and your photography is gorgeous). Thanks for the wonderful reminder of the power of thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...